iorad provides the best go-to resources for how-to just about anything. It just makes sense that iorad can make it quick and easy for you to find your next freelance job.
Upwork is like a virtual marketplace where people from all over the world come together to buy and sell services. Think of it like a digital bazaar, but instead of selling spices and textiles, people are selling their skills and expertise.
Raymond has begun an Upwork Learning Series on LinkedIn, and his first post explains the whats and whys of using Upwork for anyone who wants to work on their own terms and be their own boss... like a freelancer, a consultant, or a small business owner.
Raymond explains that "It's simple, really. You create a profile, showcase your skills and experience, and start applying for jobs that interest you." iorad's goal is to help keep that simplicity going. Here's a simple tutorial about How to Create an Upwork Account:
1. Welcome to this tutorial, in order to guide you on the step by step approach to set up an Upwork account.
To begin, visit upwork.com and, Click Sign Up at the top right corner.
2. As this tutorial is to set up a Freelancer account, Click I'm a freelancer, looking for work.
3. Click Apply as a Freelancer.
4. Enter your personal details in the highlighted box.
5. Check the highlighted box to proceed.
6. Click Create my account.
7. Now, Click Get started to update your profile.
8. Select your level of experience in freelancing.
9. Select your financial aims for setting up an Upwork account.
10. Select your Job Searching preferences, you can select as many as possible.
11. Click Next, create a profile.
12. Now, you have to upload your resume on Upwork. You can do this using any of the options on screen.
For this tutorial, Click fill out manually and manually add your experience, education and skills.
13. When you're done uploading your resume, Click Next, set your rate.
14. Type your hourly rate, this must be between $3 and $999.
Then Click Next, add your photo and location.
15. Click Upload photo.
16. Click the image to Upload a profile photo.
17. Click Attach photo.
18. Enter your address details in the highlighted box.
19. Click Check your profile.
20. Scroll through your profile details, and if you're satisfied with the given information, Click Submit profile.
21. That's it. You have completed the first step to becoming a successful freelancer on Upwork.
Here's an interactive tutorial** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **