Take comfort in knowing you aren't the only one who didn't know you can personalize the image you use in your Zoom meeting's waiting room. I didn't know it until iorad's Allison Santos responded to a LinkedIn post with an iorad tutorial explaining how to do just that.
This would be so useful for branding, image-based notes that the host will be right there, or providing a glimpse at your personality (humorous meme anyone?) According to Zoom,
You can customize the Waiting Room title, logo, and description at an account, group, or user level.
I appreciate Zoom's directions to enable this customization, but if you want the quick and easy way to follow the steps, check out the iorad tutorial Allison created to simplify those instructions:
1. The first step is to open Zoom and click Sign In
2. Enter in your contact username and password. Click Sign In
3. Click Settings
4. Click Customize Waiting Room
5. Click Title
6. Type in your Title
7. Click A logo and description to add a JPG, PNG, or GIF file
8. Click Upload Logo & follow prompts to add your file
9. Click Description
10. Type in a Description (this will go under the logo)
11. Click Save
12. That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
You can see even more tips and tricks about Zoom on the square.